Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Blessing for the New Year

Artist Never Walks Alone



The New Year is traditionally a time to "ring out the old and ring in the new".  There are many traditions that abound this day.  As for my own, I ignited a  Shakti fire at sunset for a quiet reflection of the year and a look to the new year.

I was recently asked if you knew this was to be the last day here on Earth, how would you spend it.  I simply replied no different than the yesterday or the day before that.  I read others comments of how they would do this or do that.  My question is, what are you waiting for?  If one lives their life so that every day is authentic, doing what they love with honor and integrity, there are no regrets.  There is an old Native American saying, "It is a good day to die" that I love.  It is a good day to die as I have lived an authentic day with no regrets.

Back to the New Year, I hear so many make resolutions and list of hopes and dreams of the New Year.  I have no dreams.  Every dream, as society defines it, that I ever had is my reality.  I do have what I call "pictures".  I get a picture of what will be or what I am to do, and I do it.  Even when I do not understand the reasoning's and for moments I stand still in fear, I still do the picture.  Why?  When I live my life and do the pictures that are given to me, I could never have wished or dreamed of a better life.

So as we begin this New Year, I offer this blessing:

Artist Detha Watson
May this year return to you all the love you have shared with others.

May this year be filled with a fire that burns deep within igniting a passion to live your dreams.

May this year be filled with a song in your heart that gives you a voice to sing out loud.

May this year be filled with impossibilities 
that suddenly become possible showing you the miracle of the Divine.

May the glow within you be a beacon to shine out to others.

May you see your reflection and smile at the Sacred being you are.

May you rise up to see the dawn as it reveals new horizons.

May you breath in the sunset as the day rests 
and begin to feel that today is a good day to die.

Aho!